Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More pictures of da house

So I was in a big hurry this morning and just loaded a bunch of random pictures of the house. We had some friends come over last night and we decided to take a night off and go to Iggy's with them. We are actually their new neighbors! Brian and Deasha ROCK! :D
Honestly I have no idea why I took this picture... haha here is the fire place with a lot of junk around it and the primed walls... Oops! I "accidently" tripped over the carpet and half of it came up! Look at those floors... SCORE! My mom is pretty much awesome. That border was a beast! She was actually balancing one foot on the ladder, the other foot on the banister and just scraping the crap out of the glue. I hope no one in my family dies in the name of wallpaper removal... My little brother was awesome! This was the 14 hour day he spent with me working on this horrendous room! We were pretty much ready to lock ourselves in the closet so we didn't have to look at the mustard yellow any more! :O I thought the mustard yellow was just in the closet like the pink was only in the master bedroom... but much to our dismay when we removed the wall paper, that beautiful color was everywhere... *shutters* We would clean up multiple times because we couldn't even move around! That garbage bag was full of wallpaper from just the hall My hubby building me a pantry. The shelves were N-A-S-T-Y and ghetto. Notice the very heavy draperies and floral wallpaper in the background. They are NO MORE! (that curtain rod left holes in the walls so big you could fit your finger in!) Goodbye lace curtains and floral wallpaper... you will be missed...?

The view. I can't wait for the sumer!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my.

    you were not kidding about the obsession of wall paper in that house! haha It is looking great though! It is going to be so cute when its all done! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO joke! I felt for days that there was no progress because we were just constantly doing wallpaper... But now everything is down and primed. I just have to pick out a wall color... get new carpet, redo the floors, switch out the light fixtures, get new shower heads, gut the bathrooms, you know... just a few other things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE THE BEATLES ABOVE YOUR FIRE PLACE! Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete