Thursday, December 1, 2011

WINDAGEDDON

Timberrrr!!
Nuff said. We are in mourning over our beautiful, most awesome tree on our property. The tire swing in no longer needless to say. Uh! And this picture just does it no justice to how bad and large this thing is!
I got no sleep last night, tossing and turning since 12:30 a.m. just thinking in my head "something bad is going to happen." to me, that was my 'Hippes use back door, no exceptions' sign was going to blow away or my Christmas lights are going to break. Boy was I sure in for a shock. At about 7:10 a.m. I took Olive out to go potty (who blew over mid-poop... classic) when I hear a low creaking and breaking sound then abruptly a thud. Right before the thud I hear tree branches scrape the whole length of the front of the house and siding and I hear my Christmas lights being torn down... NO!! Not the Christmas lights!! That's just taking this too far... I spent way too much time putting them up BY MYSELF to only enjoy them for 4 days.

Poor things... they never had a chance! :'( The craziest thing of it all was opening the front door and all I see is roots and my lawn vertically... I'll have to post more pictures later!

Now this is what we get to deal with. Our chimney teetering on the top of the house about ready to fall into the living room. After the tree fell it broke the brick and mortar up top. The winds putting pressure on the crack for 3 hours after is what made bricks fall and crack even more! Yikes! I just feel horrible. I loved that tree. You can replace brick, lights and a roof but it will take another 50 year to get a beautiful mature tree like that. I'm quite the tree-hugger if you haven't noticed ;)
BUT in all of this mess and devastation we have come out on top. It could have been MUCH MUCH worse! We could have had that tree in our living and dining room right now. It's kida weird how it fell between the house and our apple tree and didn't do more damage than it did. We are just so very blessed to have such good karma in times of crisis. Not to mention wonderful friends and family to support and help us, along with great neighbors that can all empathize with us.

Cherish the little moments with the things you have, because they might just be gone tomorrow. Even if it is just a tree.
Goodbye tree.
Goodbye tire swing.
Goodbye summer days lying on a blanket under abundant leaves swaying in the wind, peaking the glorious sun through your many branches. I will miss you <3

1 comment: