Monday, August 22, 2011

Yeah, so what if I like my dog???


Alright, so my blog has become more of a "I love my dog" blog rather than the home improvement blog like I had intended... So in preparation for Heath going back to school we have been doing a lot more projects as of late rather than photographing our puppy :)
Our most recent project that we have started and not finished is our 2nd spare bedroom, shall we call it an office? BUT lets give me some credit here... I did start and finish a project!! SAY Whaaaat? And that was refinishing our bathroom cabinets. I was so headstrong about just gutting that whole mess that I didn't even see what I could work with!!



New knob!! Looks much better :)
Yuck... that's all I have to say.


Turned out pretty good if I might say so myself. Now, just to get rid of the carpet and wallpaper...


The wood on the right is what it was what it was before and the left is it all sanded. It's going to be a beautiful 'Jacobean' dark stain after we are done! :D

Ooh ooh, and I painted my front door with some of the blue I had left over from the accent wall in our living room. Just thought I would spice up the front doors before we replaced them. (don't ask me my logic on that one...)


Blue accent wall... It took me forever to pick this. (don't mind the random decor... that is not what I'm going for in this room at all. Especially furniture placement and lack there of.) Still can't decide if I want it. I was chastised by Wilson's Paint in Kaysville for going to Home Depot and using Valspar... "what a horrible brand! How could I have done that??" I was a paint virgin, give me a break! Sheesh... I have since learned the errors of my ways because Benjamin Moore is sooo much better quality and its a little cheaper! Who would have guessed?

Fin.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! i can't believe it's even the same place that you had posted before. beautiful my dear. simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete